Monday, August 8, 2016

One day I decided that I had enough with doubt....

Hi family!! Everything is going well.

A sister in the Ward has a daughter with a birthday close
to mine.  The cake was for her, but I pretended it was for me!
My birthday was great!! My familia galletas made me a cake and last night we ate it and elotes (the corn like in nacho libre).  You would not believe how Nacho Libre it is here. It makes me laugh pretty hard sometimes. Last night a sister asked us to help her cut down some Tuas, the fruit that cactuses give. And, as a result, I was covered in SLIVERS. But seriously everywhere. Not fun, but hey, service is service. :) 

The day of my birthday was not too fantastic, but it was a good day nevertheless. I am happyyyy!! And now i am heading towards one year on my mission, crazinesss!!!!!

We ordered pizza for my b-day!!
We have a Zone Conference tomorrow and I asked if I could talk with the Mission President.    So I think that all will be well. I am trying really hard just to WORK hard. It is a little bit discouraging sometimes, but I am trying the best that I can. I am happy to be here and I know that it is for a specific reason!  My companion is going to have an interview with president tomorrow, and all I know is that she wants to go home:(. It has been hard!

20 years old!!!

The foot is all better from the operation. The bad thing is, is it looks really similar, like the same thing is happening again. But, I am also going to hang on and just tough it out. It will all be fine!!  Yeah, I am not too worried at this point about the foot. It is just really annoying! 

I think that everything happens kind of funnily sometimes. Like, my mission has been very 'not my own will' which is good. 'if I were to have it my way' has become a swear phrase to me. 'Our way' is Satan's way. We must learn to accept the will of The Father in this life (especially while I can be His special servant) if we are to have success. It is frustrating sometimes, but also, everything seems to always work out well. 

Alma 17 is so applicableright now, but it was verse 11 that stood out:

 11 And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

I love that verse because the work is not easy, but the greatest thing we should desire and that we can receive in the mission, is to be an instrument in his hands. 

Well, it is still like super hard. It is cause we don't understand what is going to happen next. One day I decided that I had enough with doubt. I think that sometimes when we are in a lesson or contacting, or basically whatever, we doubt. I decided that I didn't have time for that, and even though people still rejected us, we had someone who accept a new baptismal date. Which is great. And, at the end of the day, I truly believe that if we have the tenacity to just work a little bit, things work out how he needs them to. I think sometimes also that the little things taht we do each day are not the most important in the grand scheme of things (or who knows, maybe they are) but if we do them diligently, we will be super super blessed. 
This is a moth in our bathroom.  It is not connected
to our house so all the critters find their way in...





No comments:

Post a Comment