Monday, January 9, 2017

Peace in troubled times...

Family and friends, 

Thank you for your prayers, I am sure you are tired of asking for me, but I can tell you that your prayers are felt on a daily basis. I am also very grateful for the blessings I have recieved in the last weeks in my area of Bosques. We have seen many miricles and I have felt the protection and love of The Lord constantly. 

I have been thinking a lot in the security that we recieve as we are obedient to the voice of The Lord. This week, there have been a lot of protestes and riots in my area. We were instructed to not leave the house on Wednesday because some of those riots had gotten close to our area, and so we were able to study lots. As I was reading, I had such a sense of calmness and serenity come over me. I am so grateful for the promises that are found in the scriptures. They are so real. In Doctrine and Covenants, it says that the prepared will not fear, and in 1Nephi, it also describes that the righteous will be protected by His hand. I testify of that, and I am glad taht we have the knowledge that allows us to trust so much more in Him. 

I know that things are probably going to get pretty scary as the time continues to wind down, as a prelude to the second coming, but I testify that The Gospel of Jesus Christ protects and sustains us in difficult times. 

I love you all, and I really do exhort you to be true to the covenants that you have made.
Have a wonderfull week!
Hermana Beardall
Pic taken on Jan 6th, the Day of the Wiseman
They celebrate by writing a note to one of
the Wisemen and then send them by attaching
to a balloon and letting it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment