Tuesday, October 13, 2015

VIVA!!!

Dear Family, Friends, Brothers and Sisters in the Gospel


I have conqurered the CCM, or it conquered me, either way today has been my official first day in the beautiful Mexico City, and its completely LOCO!

Right now I am emailing from a internet cafe in this huge building that has been divided into little stores....
Remember when we went to that one market in California?? Yeah, well that is basically what all of Mexico is like.

I dont know a lick of Spanish and I cannot understand anything right now.

Sorry, I am jumping around everywhere... I just cant wrap my head around everything here. 

So after we got to the mission home, some hermanas came and picked me up and now I am on splits with them for the day. I cant wait to actually be able to prosleyte, we met a sweet older lady named Liddy at the bank... and gave her a foyeto about the restoration, and got her address for other missionaries to visit her! I love the work. Its really hard (I dont know if that is just because I have to focus so hard to understand) but, I know that through the Lord, I will be okay here! 

Also, I have offically had street food! Guys, its complete madness here. I cannot believe it. Really, just picture that one California market times like 10, and that is just what is like here. 

I guess tonight that I will be sleeping at the misson home, and get assigned my trainer tomorrow..please pray for me. 

Here is a small miricle for yo: So I needed to convert all of my american money into pesos, but we had no idea where to do that.... So we kept asking around, and we finally found a bank that would transfer it, but you had to have an account with them.  Just as we were about to leave, a man came and started to tell us that he heard what we were saying and that he could just transfer it into his account and then give me the money. 
Sounds crazy, and that I shouldn't trust him, but then he told us he was a member, and that he was also the Bishop in his ward, and would love to help us. Incredible how the Lord is willing to help with even the small things in our lives!

Man was I greatful! Right after that happened is when we met Letty.

Its been una raddo dia, pero yo se I can only go up from here. 

Leaving my district was really hard for me to do last night, and I cried a lot. I think that leaving the CCM was a lot scarier than leaving home. It was honestly one of the single most spiritual experiences  I've have had in my life. 


I really feel so lost, but also a little bit at peace. I am going to love it here, but I stinking need to get the language down!!


Well, I really don't have much time to write, but I truly love each and every one of you, and wish I could adequetely express my gratitude for all of the love, support, and prayers in my behalf.

I am so excited for all of my adventures in mexico to begin!!

Le ama, 
Hermana B



1 comment:

  1. Maddi,
    We found your blog today, first time, sorry we are so slow. We laughed and cried as we read all the blogs from you MTC experience and now you are out and ready to serve on your mission. Already we can tell you have grown spiritually so very much, it's awesome.And just reading your experiences brings the spirit into our home, thank you so much. Keep working on your spanish, it will come, and remember you are in our prayers daily. Love you so much, Grandma and Grandpa Wolsey

    ReplyDelete