Monday, April 18, 2016

I am going to be very honest. My area right now is really hard....

​Hello cute family and friends!!

I would like to just quickly drop a note in. I am currently in Gazalem. We have been working realy hard, bringing to pass The Lord's work here!

It has defintily been warming up a whole ton, which I love and hate at the same time. I hear that May is the killer month here, so we are praying a lot not to become withered old ladies. The amazing part about Conejos is that everyone is a member of the Church! It is a true testimony of the divine work that we, as missionaries, have the privlidge to be in. 

We have been recently visiting a lot of people, the sad part is, that most of them are not very interested in the Gospel and the blessings it can bring into thier lives. That is easily the hardest thing for me in the mission. Rejection. But, luckliy, this morning, I was reading a little about rejection. 

In Alma, chapter 43-45. There are some true power verses there. I was thinking about how Moroni, then only 25, was called to lead his army into a huge battle (43:51), with double the number of Lamanites, who, were super strong. As they really relied on the strength of The Lord, they were able to defeat the Lamanites. Moroni, being super Christ-like, gives Zerahemnah the chance to surrender, but as he hears the terms, totally tries to take his arms back up and kill Mormoni. I think that so many times, we are doing good in life (or maybe in the mission) and decide to reject the terms that God has set for us. The pride gets to us, and we think that we know better. Fortunatley, God will never cut off our pony-tails and stick them on his sword, but there is a powerful lesson to be learned.  I truly know how important it is to give our trust to him. To willingly and lovingly give all we have over to The Lord. 

I know he will bless us as we do so! Look at the difference in outcomes with Moroni and Zerahemnah. The Lord will sustain us. He will strengthen us, and make our abilities sufficent to bring to pass his will. 


I am going to be very honest. My area right now is really hard, I feel like I have been called to be a captian and have no idea what to do, but I do have the faith. And I am fully accepting of the will of The Father for me. I hope that something has touched your hearts from these verses of scripture, and I know that they are true. I also love the mission. It is so hard, and really some days I struggle, but the joy that the Gospel brings to my life is unique. It is something that I hold very dear to my heart, and I love the feeling that I have as I share it with others. 

I love you all, and hope your week is fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment