Monday, July 18, 2016

Not all churches are the same...

Brothers and Sisters, 

Being on a mission has truly changed me. In my current area, there are 8 churches, religions, or sects. I have learned a lot about being firm in what we believe. A ton, but really, a ton of people respond when we teach 'well, what you are teaching us is good. It is about God, but anything about Him is going to lead us to Him, and we are fine where we are'. Really, at first that really made me tick. How could these people not see the importance of a Restoration? I quickly learned how to have paicence and love these people. But, I have really learned the importance of what we believe, and why we believe it. Brothers, I know that if we are not firm in our belief of what we do, the adversary will have a lot of lean way to let doubts enter into our minds. 

My thoughts this week are simple. I had a companion that when she prayed, always asked that we might be able to 'explode our potential'. At first, it sounded weird, like explode...? But, with time, and as I thought more about it, I began I guess to understand it. Imagine something exploding, just like flying out of the water. I like to picture an avalanche. Up and Snowbasin, when they shoot those huge cannons into the mountians in the mornings, that is what I imagine with explode. Today is the day that we need to explode the talents and gifts that The Lord has given us if we want to progress or even just mantain ourselves. We must use every resource that we are given to grow in our faith and knowledge. We must grow, especially sprirtually, in these last days. 
I love a quote from Heber C. Kimball “… To meet the difficulties that are coming, it will be necessaryfor you to have a knowledge of the truth of thiwork foryourself. The difficulties will be of such character that the manor woman who does not possess his personal knowledge orwitness will fall. … The time will come when no man or womanwill be able to stand on borrowed light. Each of you will have tobe guided by the light within himself. If you do not have it, how can you stand?”  

So this week, my challange for you all is that you can explode your potential, that you can gain or strengethen the knowledge that you have for yourself of this wonderful kingdom of God on the earth today. I love the gospel so much, and have no doubts that this is the Only and TRUE church that is opon the face of the earth today.  No, not all churches are the same. Why? Because the restored primitive church that Jesus the Christ, our loving savior, is on the earth once again, and through the restored power of the Preisthood, sacred ordenances are preformed and carried out so that we might one day return to live with our Father in Heaven. 

I know these things to be true, and truly hope that all may be well in this week. 
Much Love from Mexico 
Hermana Beardall 

No comments:

Post a Comment